Glenn E. Schembechler III – President
Mr. Glenn “Shemy” Schembechler serves as President of GES Advisory Company. Mr. Schembechler has spent the majority of his life and professional career in the football industry, growing up as the son of legendary coach Glenn E. “Bo” Schembechler. Overall, he has spent 18 years evaluating talent for highly successful programs, including:
- University of Michigan, Asst. Recruiting Coordinator
- Kansas City Chiefs, In-House Scout
- Chicago Bears, BLESTO scout
- Washington Redskins, Midwest and Northeast Area Scout
- Seattle Seahawks, Southeast Area Scout
Over Mr. Schembechler’s storied career, a constant truth has remained: great talent makes great coaches. At the core of this truth is the need for great evaluation of talent. Mr. Schembechler has been fortunate to work with programs whose talent evaluation systems have achieved consistent levels of success. For example:
- University of Michigan 1997 National Championship team
- Kansas City Chiefs 1996 AFC West Division Championship team
- Seattle Seahawks 2013 Super Bowl Championship team
- Numerous bowl-eligible teams and NFL playoff teams
In addition to his father, Mr. Schembechler has studied under many accomplished coaches, including Gary Moeller, Lloyd Carr, Marty Schottenheimer, and Joe Gibbs, respectively. They have all had an indelible impact on his career, and his ability to scout and recommend prospects. Mr. Schembechler has been a part of many championship and playoff teams, and has been able to evaluate or recommend players that have gone on to Pro Bowl careers (Charles Woodson, Ian Gold and Tom Brady, respectively), as well as inductees into the Pro Football Hall of Fame (Joe Montana, Marcus Allen, and Derrick Thomas, respectively).
The education gleaned from these experiences has given Mr. Schembechler an understanding of how teams are built with an objective viewpoint of talent evaluation- an acumen that is necessary for any program interested in competing for championships.